Sunday, February 11, 2024

Basing, part 4







For the basing I like square 1.5 inch bases from www.litko.net GMB109H. After the miniatures dry from glueing them with pva. I use School Elmers to attach grout sand to the whole base. I think I paid $5 for a one pound bag 10 years ago. The beauty of the grout sand is how fine it is right out of the bag. There's no sifting required.

When that drys I make a wash of brown craft paint. The paint gets absorbed into the sand and wood.  

Then after that drys I get the school glue out again to fasten the static grass from Woodland Scenics and Gail Force 9. My recipe is to first put a dark green grass down and then a spring mix on top. The dark green gives a little shadow and the spring mix pops. The next step is to add the coconut grit.

The final step is to paint the rim of the base Wedgewood green. And I'm done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment