Saturday, September 3, 2011

Old fashion Qtip battle

 My daughter asked me if we could play with my old soldiers from when I was a kid. How could I say no. The only problem is that I only have one side in my collection. I have two cousins my age who I played with. They are brothers and one has a German army and one has an American army and I have an English army. This all happened in trades since we were 8 until we went to high school and slowly stopped after some Titanic games that lasted for days.

To my amazement there was one small bag of Germans so I took them and let Jess chose which bag of English she wanted. Of course I was outnumbered by at least three to one.


 We played by the house rules my cousins and I developed over years of screaming at each other. They are a fun combination of dice luck and skill at firing a Qtip end out of a spring loaded cannon.



There are certain values of troops. A rifleman is worth 1, a heavy machine gun, a troop lobbing a grenade, a flame thrower or any rocket trooper is worth 2. Of course when we started with just airfix moulded men this heavily favored the Germans and Americans. Tanks, plans and cannons are worth 4.
 Knowing that I was going to get crushed by superior numbers. I decided to try and attack her flank. In the beginning the dice gods were smiling on me. But I found out later it was just because they new what they were going to do to me. Jess ended up repulsing my advance and would later push my  other flank for the win.








No comments:

Post a Comment